The Pinehurst/Southern Pines area is a great place to live! With average high temperatures ranging from 54 in the winter to 90 in the summer, residents can enjoy all four seasons without the harsh extremes. But weather isn’t the only draw – there is a myriad of activities in both Southern Pines and Pinehurst to keep you busy year-round! Check out the offerings listed below and download the free guides for more info.
- Both the Village of Pinehurst and downtown Southern Pines offer a quaint atmosphere with unique boutiques and fine dining options.
- Most areas are close to FirstHealth of the Carolinas, Moore County Regional Hospital, and a wide range of medical specialists.
- Golf enthusiasts can choose from over 38 golf courses in the area.
- Elevate your cultural experiences by attending various activities at the Weymouth Center for the Arts & Humanities; or enjoy live performances, indoor, and outdoor movies at the Sunrise Theater.
- An area steeped in history wouldn’t be complete without museums such as Shaw House, Bryant House, or the Malcolm Blue Farm.
- Known as “horse country,” horse lovers thrive in this area. Whether it’s boarding and riding your own steed or attending activities such as Polocrosse or harness races, you’re sure to find your niche.
- Art lovers can create their own works of art through various media such as paint, glass, textiles, ceramics, and more by attending the wide variety of classes offered through local businesses. Those who aren’t as hands-on can still enjoy the experience by attending local art shows and pottery shops.
Locals love the area. Military families seek housing in the area. Retirees flock here to retire. There’s just something about the quaint hominess of a small southern town that draws people from all around, and Moore County offers all this and more.