Carthage, NC

The town of Carthage was incorporated in 1796.  The land was donated by Richardson Fagin in 1803. The name has changed many times from Faginville to Carthage.  It was settled in 1818 when legislation was passed officially changing the name to Carthage.  The town most successful business was a carriage factory operated and owned by Alexander Kelly and Thomas Tyson.  Their buggies were sold throughout the Unites States until 1925.  Today the town still hold the annual Bugy Festival every May in celebration of the Buggy factory. Historic homes can still be seen today and are known as “Sweet Carthage”.

    Map Community

    Find Nearby

    • Hospital
    • School
    • Pharmacy
    • Airport
    • Bank
    • Post Office
    • Nursing Home
    • Church
    Contact Info
    Contact Info

    Towering Pines Real Estate

    229 West Pennsylvania Avenue
    Southern Pines  North Carolina 28387

    910-246-4653

    Translator
    Social Media

    Contact Us